Better Choice Homes values it's Tenants and Landlords. On this page you will find resident links to pay rent and submit maintenance requests. Our future residents can find links to see available rentals and our criteria for renting. We have also updated this page with great information so our tenants are best informed.
We make it easy to get your rent payment in on time. Click below to be connected to your tenant portal.
Toilet overflowing? Garage door won't go up? Something just not quite right? Maybe it's time to submit a maintenance request. Click the button below and follow the steps to submit your work order.
Submit A Maintenance Request
Future Tenant Information
We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws. All applications will be reviewed in the following areas:
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable rental history or home ownership. Living with Relatives is not considered verifiable rental history.
- NO evictions.
- NO outstanding money owed to a landlord or Property Management company.
- We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort,
we are unable to verify your rental history.
- Employment History & Income Requirements:
- Twelve (12) months of current employment or twelve (12) months in a similar job, validated by pay stub. Bank Statements will not be accepted as income verification under any circumstance.
- Self-employed persons will need to show proof of income via tax returns.
- Gross income (including co-applicant) shall be A MINIMUM of three (3) times the rent amount.
- Income may include sources other than employment (i.e. retirement, disability, trust fund, etc. Verification required).
- Ability to pay all deposits and a full month’s rent, prior to move-in.
- Credit Requirements:
- Minimum credit score of 600.
- Collection balance cannot exceed the equivalent of one month’s rent.
- If you have any questions regarding your credit, please contact our office prior to submitting your application.
- Individual owners may have more stringent requirements.
- Criminal History:
Not only must Applicant must have acceptable credit history, additionally, all
Applicants must meet our Criminal History Criteria. Applicants that are registered
sex offenders will be denied. Applicants must have no felony convictions less than
10 years old that involve violent crimes against persons or property, including but
not limited to murder, arson, kidnapping, assault, bomb related offenses, robbery or
burglary, terrorism OR that involve the manufacturing or distribution of drugs in any
manner. All other felony convictions must be more than 5 years old. Conviction of
any drug related offenses involving possession only, or alcohol related offenses
where no one was permanently injured or killed, must be at least 2 years old.
Successful completion of any felony sentence at least 2 years ago and no new
criminal activity for at least 2 years before this application is also required. No
Applicant with any outstanding warrants or crime that is awaiting trial will be
- If the Applicant would like management to review additional information
regarding the felony conviction or the current arrest or warrant as part of their
rental application, the Applicant is permitted to submit that information to
management along with their application and Management will review that
information on a case by case basis.
- Occupancy Limit:
- The number of occupants per unit is limited to no more than 2 people per bedroom, unless local fire safety codes are more prohibitive.
- I.D. Required:
- Each applicant over 18 years of age will be required to produce original documents showing legal presence in the United States such as a photo id (a driver’s license or other government issued photo identification card).
- Cats, exotics, Pitbulls, Rottweilers, American bulldogs, or Dobermans are generally not permitted. Any and all pets will require a photo and owner/management approval. Additional fees and/or deposits may be required at signing.
As a tenant with Better Choice Homes, you will have some routine responsibility while residing in the home. Here is a list of some of the things that will be up to you to take care of:
- Changing Out Light Bulbs
- Smoke Detector Battery Replacement
- Air Filter Replacement (Monthly)
- Water Filter Replacement
- Water Softener Filter and Salt Replacement
Moving Out... Here is your next steps!
When moving out we do require a 30 day written notice. This is due on or before the 1st of the month prior to your move out. Keys will be due back to our office on your move out date. Should you be dropping off keys after normal business hours or on weekends, please put them in an envelope clearly labeled with your address and name and put them through the rent drop. We will process any keys dropped off after normal business hours the next business morning.